Monday, September 29, 2014

Love Thy Neighbor...

For the past couple years, the book of Acts in the Bible, with stories of the early churches, has been consuming for me. It seems like God is reminding me of the value of living in community with others and being service-minded on a daily basis. All too often, we get caught up in the daily grind of getting things done and fail to seize the moments when we could be more "neighborly". One day, the girls and I just made time for it and we all had such a good time!

Here are the chefs!


(In case you're wondering, she's holding a bowl and stirring)

We made strawberry jam,



and cookies,





and took butternut squash and basil from our garden around to the neighbors.



It was pretty cute watching the girls walk from house to house with a rolling suitcase full of treats! They said "happy treat day!" at each house. I think this will hopefully be a monthly tradition for us. I so badly want my girls to grow up being missional in their thinking and living. 

No comments:

Post a Comment