Thursday, September 8, 2011

Terrific Tigers Preschool - Day 1

WARNING! THIS POST CONTAINS WAYYYYYY TOO MANY PICTURES!

Avi and I named our homeschool preschool the Terrific Tigers Preschool. We finished our first week and had so much fun together! I am using the ABC Jesus Loves Me curriculum that is free online. It's a great program that covers all kinds of skills.

I wanted the first day to be special so I got her a few little things:



Out of all the choices at the store, this is the cereal she wanted for her first day of school!

These were some of our supplies and curriculum:




I think I was more excited to start than she was but it was so fun to watch her unpack her backpack before getting started.











 Brian even got to stop by and see the festivities begin and have breakfast with his girl!


Time to get started! We worked on a book called "Five Little Ducks" and colored a duck picture:



Avi worked on her cutting which she loved!


Then we moved on to our memory verse. Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." We sang some songs to go along with it and then colored a picture, made the earth out of a coffee filter and ate oreos to represent the light and darkness separating.





These ended up drying without the glue marks and they looked much better!



Then we worked on the number 0. We drew it and used the sandpaper number and colored an apple tree with no apples on it.




Then we used the flashlight to find the colors for the week: blue, white and black.





We played a game outside called "Put the fire out". I drew a ladder with flames at the top with sidewalk chalk. Avi had to move down a rung of the ladder each turn and throw a wet sponge at the flames and try to put the fire out. She got pretty good by the end!





After the game was over we took turns jumping over the flames. Us Moler girls like a little danger!

We ended our first day with a game of candy land (that lasted about 2 minutes), her special packed lunch, tea and devotions and a little sister time.





Good first day Bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment