Thursday, March 29, 2012

St. Patrick's Day!

Why do I love this day so much?!? I think it's the rainbows. Whatever it is, we enjoy ourselves each St. Patrick's day.

We started the day before with an experiment. We bought white carnations and tried to dye them all the colors of the rainbow.







The red, green and blue worked great and ended up really bright. The other 3 stayed mostly white :(


It has now become a tradition for Avi to plant and water magic jelly beans the night before.







We decorated with rainbows,



Avi woke up to some fun surprises

Some rainbow and patty's day treats:





Lollipops had grown where the jelly beans were planted


Leprechauns had gone crazy in the house all night. They turned the toilet water green,


which Avi thought was hilarious!


and they hid all the green toys






We ate Lucky Charms


Painted on Shamrocks


Made green shamrock cookies



And ate a yummy green lunch


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

  1. What a great day!! Looks like fun... you are such a good mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, your so funny, I love these ideas

    ReplyDelete