Tuesday, June 5, 2012

To my two sweet girls,

You know this blog is for you right? I want you to be able to look back on your childhood and see all the fun we had. But along with that fun comes some not fun stuff also. Today was one of those days. Avi bug, you are such a fun girl. So crazy and funny and loving and sweet but you also are having a hard time being gentle with your sister and controlling your attitude. Because of that, we are having a week of training sessions. Millie, we are doing some training with you as well. You are one of the most friendly, laid back, content babies I've ever known but you are learning not to throw your food or tantrums and are learning what boundaries are. I just want you both to know, when you look back some day, that I don't enjoy having to watch you struggle or hear you cry. It breaks my heart. But for both of you, my deepest desire is that you grow up to be women who love Jesus and serve Him. Women who are kind and respectful, make good decisions and take responsibility for yourselves and your choices. I know that that starts young. So, if there are times when you look back on your life and think it was easy for me and Daddy to discipline you, I want you to hear me when I say it's not. I feel like crying every time either of you do. I want to give in and let you have the ice cream, or watch the show or go somewhere special but we have to discipline you because we love you and that is how you will learn and grow. Really, I just want you both to know how much we love you and how proud we are of you. No matter what bad choices you make, our love for you will never change. We are doing the hard things now so that hopefully, when you get older, it will be mostly fun stuff and there won't have to be as much discipline. I love you both so much.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment