Friday, September 28, 2012

Trip to Bishop

Avi and I recently had the opportunity to take a girl's road trip to Bishop to visit a friend and her family. What a fun time we had! Avi did great on the 4 hour drive and I caught up on all my Love & Logic skills while we drove!

When we arrived at their home, which is in the outskirts of beautiful Bishop, I was instantly relaxed. It is such a homey place and really felt like a different world.



They have their own greenhouse:



2 gardens:



A chicken coup:



This is the view from their front yard:


We had a very special event take place while on the trip, Avi and Balen were married on the bunk bed and sealed the deal with a kiss. Parents were not invited and found out after the fact. This is their reception at Pie in the Sky.





The kids got to play in the freeeeeeezing lake:




We wore them out:


Avi and Balen, her husband, kept themselves busy for a long time picking flowers, tending the chickens, gathering tomatoes and building a fort:






Alison taught me how to can:


We also went to a u-pick farm and the kids got to wade in the stream that ran through the orchard. I loved that from morning until night, they pretty much played outside, got dirty, used their imaginations and I didn't have to worry about Avi. It's a different world!



1 comment:

  1. How fun! Rock Creek is where we would go every summer to camp. The pie is the best part...my favorite is the coconut cream and mud pie! Her garden looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete