Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Little Things...

It is Sunday morning at 7:45 am. My house is quiet because everyone is still asleep (say what?!?). It rained last night and all the windows in the house are opening and a light, rain soaked breeze is blowing in the windows. Today is the Sabbath. We worked hard around the house yesterday so we could enjoy today and relax and not worry about any chores or obligations. I put a pot of coffee on and am heading in the kitchen to make some coffee cake for breakfast. When everyone gets up we will eat and head to church. After church we will enjoy each other as a family, relax and share a meal. This is what I think Sundays are supposed to be. Time together with family, worshipping God and thanking Him for all the blessings He has given us, and taking time to rest. I wish I was this purposeful every week. I'm really going to make an effort to be because I want this special day for my family and I want my girls to make this a priority in their own homes one day. I don't know why God has seen fit to bless us so richly but I will spend my days praising Him for it and sharing the gifts He has given us with others. Happy Sabbath!

1 comment: