Wednesday, May 13, 2015

My Best Big Girl Turns 7!

To my sweet Avi Bug on her birthday,

You are one of a kind! I have truly never met another kid like you and I love that! You are so unique. When we welcomed you into the world 7 years ago and gave you an interesting name, I prayed that you would be different. I am so grateful that you are. I have so many things to say about the wonderful person God has created you to be!
First, and most importantly, you love Jesus. You became a Christian 2 years ago and made the decision to be baptized and I am so happy to see the ways your heart is changing and growing in the knowledge and love of Jesus. Your heart can be so sweet towards people. Your prayers are so genuine and so is your desire to love and help people.


You are so compassionate toward people and animals. Your heart is especially drawn to babies, children with special needs and the elderly. Watching you interact with these special groups of people makes me KNOW that God is living and active in your heart. I am learning and growing as I watch your compassion toward people, Avi. You inspire me.



You have a special place in your heart for your daddy. He is your best friend and your first love. He is your hero and the funniest person you know. He is always your first choice for a date or the person to sit next to you or the person to play with. It makes my heart melt when I see the joy and love the two of you have for one another. He is just as in love with you as you are with him!


You are so creative! I love to see the things you come up with in your very messy (!) room. You have a wonderful imagination and are always coming up with stories, songs, games and inventions that you share with us with so much enthusiasm that it's contagious. 



You love to laugh. Not a day goes by where you aren't giggling or laughing hysterically about something. I love your passion for life. You love to live and to love and to laugh and to participate in anything that is going on. You are a true optimist and are always seeing the bright side of life. 


And, of course, you love your Millie Mae. You guys get annoyed with one another daily but you also are very protective of your sister. She is your closest friend and confidant and I know you feel a deep loyalty to her and desire to keep her safe. I know that you will defend her when she needs defending. 



You are also the best friend anyone could have. You celebrate your friends and are truly excited for them when they experience something good. You love people in general and you make friends quickly and don't let them go. They are very important to you. 



You are loving and kind and energetic and full of life. God continues to work on you each day and I can't wait to see what he does! I pray everyday that I can be the mom you need me to be. I know I will disappoint you but Jesus never will. Hold on to him. Glorify him. Live for him. You'll never regret that.



I love you more than words can say. Happy birthday my sweet girl.

Love, Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment