Monday, July 20, 2015

End of the school year!!

We ended our first year of homeschooling in June!! We survived and learned a lot. One of the things I realized while homeschooling this year, is that the lessons are more for me than my kids. God is taking me through a process of stripping me down and showing me daily my great need for Him. Homeschooling is a humbling experience. I often tell people that if you're feeling good about yourself, just start homeschooling! You'll find out real quick that you aren't good at much :)
That sounds very negative but I mean it only in the sense that homeschooling is a great way to strip us of our pride and continually bring us back to God for strength. 
There were days when I woke up excited to teach my children. There were days when I woke up and KNEW that if we all made it through the day alive, it was only because of God. 
I have grown closer to God and my husband and my children during this year.
I have become clearly aware of my utter dependence on God.
I have watched my children grow in the knowledge and love of Jesus.
It has been a hard, wonderful, challenging, growing experience and I can't wait to tackle it again in August!

Millie's Preschool Picture

Avi's First Grade Picture

Some of our final activities:

An edible food pyramid


Millie making a life cycle of the butterfly art project




Grandma and Grandpa helped the girls build bird feeders








Here is to another year and many more lessons from our Creator and Sustainer!

No comments:

Post a Comment