Friday, July 10, 2015

Tinkering and Summer Fun!

I've recently started becoming more intrigued with tinkering as a way for my girls to be creative. I'm reading a good book right now that encourages readers to set up a tinkering station in the home where kids can go to just create. I loved the idea and got right to work on our own tinkering station!

Sewing supplies: fabric, plastic needles, plastic sheets for cross stitching, ribbon, velcro, yarn, jewels and measuring tape



the basic supplies: scissors, tape, glue, crayons, markers, pencils and chalk


A box of knick knacks: dowels, beads, jewels, googly eyes, scrapbooking supplies

Yarn, string, wooden shapes, clothes pins, plastic containers

stickers, small paper, clay, bendaroos

Miscellaneous items


Feathers, pom poms, screws and bolts, corks, pipe cleaners, popsicle sticks, straws, beads, buttons


The finished product!!!

One of Avi's first creations: A doll dress :)


The tinkering station and this basket were the girls "Welcome to Summer" gifts. 
I predict lots of fun in our future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment