Saturday, June 18, 2011

Book Club


I've started a book club/Bible study with some of the ladies from church and I'm really enjoying it. This one by Francis Chan is on the Holy Spirit. We've only met twice, but already I am learning so much and doing a lot of thinking. Some of the questions I'm struggling with right now are:

In what areas of my life do I need to change to an exegetical perspective (start with scripture and allow it to dictate my life)

Do I look, feel, act, think differently than someone who doesn't have the Holy Spirit dwelling inside of them?

Am I living in active, astonishing and amazed truth that I am a new creation?

What do I fear and how does it stop me from fully serving, loving and listening to God?

Do I still try to control certain aspects of my life? What are they?

Am I missing the mission because I'm so focused on and sure of my plan?

What if I think I hear the Holy Spirit and I get it wrong?

Are there areas of my life where I need to give myself over to sheer obedience rather than waiting for that "feeling"?

In what ways have I grieved the Spirit? How would I know?

Why do I want to stay on earth?

Why do I want the Holy Spirit?

How am I shaping my children into lovers of Jesus?

How am I ministering to those around me?

Who does God want me to love for Him today?

Do I really understand my depravity and my great need for grace or do I think I am better than I actually am?

As you can see, I've got a lot to think about and a lot of work to do.

1 comment: