Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Wasn't the world supposed to end, like 14 years ago? Every year that passes reminds me that we are not in control and none of us can figure out God. Whew! What a relief!

As I contemplate the past year and this year to come, I think about all the blessings God has given us.

- a loving and healthy family
- friends who are as close as family
- a church family that is focused on living on mission with Christ in our community
- neighbors who have become great friends
- a street where kids still play in the evenings and people stand on their driveways and talk
- 2 girls who are fun and sweet and smart and healthy and love life
- a 5 year old who just became a Christian yesterday. Thank you Jesus!
- a husband who goes to work even when it's not fun in order to provide for us
- enough food
- enough clothes
- a warm and safe house
- a group of friends who make life easier and more fun
- a God who provides for and meets all of our needs

I usually come up with a long list of resolutions and to do's for myself at the start of each year. I would be lying if I said that wasn't going on in my head right now :), but this year I want to focus on living each day with an awareness of the gift that it is and with my purpose on this earth always at the forefront of my mind. God has placed me and everyone else here to glorify Him and serve people. As we start a year that is going to include homeschooling our children, I want to keep that thought in my mind and my heart and my actions as we teach them and raise them and expose them to life and the love of Jesus.

May this year be full of love and work and fun all pointing to Jesus!

"The way we spend our days is, of course, the way we spend our lives"

"Only have your will and way in us Savior, nothing else matters."

No comments:

Post a Comment