Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Little Learner's Club - December

Almost a year ago, I started a group called The Little Learner's Club (LLC). It is a group of wonderful moms and their toddlers who get together twice a month to do fun activities with the kids. Sometimes we go on field trips and sometimes we meet at a house and do crafts and other fun stuff. Over the next few weeks I'll post some of the events we've done over the past year.

Because December is such a busy month for everyone, we decided to only meet once. Today we had our Christmas extravaganza! The kids, or I should say the girls and Jake, started off coloring Christmas face masks.



They then moved on to cookie decorating which actually just turned into consuming large amounts of frosting!




This was Avi asking for "more peez".

While we were all doing the "girlie" stuff, this is what the men were doing...


Then came the big surprise...SANTA!! He came "ho ho ho-ing" through the door and handed out the books that the kids had bought for each other. There were screams of joy and screams of terror. All-in-all, I'd say it was a success! Thank you Santa for squeezing us into your busy schedule!



After Santa left, the moms all read the books to their kids. It was a sweet moment. The moms also did a cookie exchange so no holiday baking for us!!




As we kick off this busy holiday season, I hope you all spend the time enjoying your families, the blessings in your life, doing some fun stuff and remembering what Christmas is all about. I know we will!

No comments:

Post a Comment