The Bible tells us to be good stewards of all that God has entrusted us with, money included. Brian and I have not always been financially responsible and I'm sure we'll make many more mistakes in our lives when it comes to money but we are trying hard to teach our kids about financial responsibility. About a year ago, we started using Dave Ramsey's plan for financial peace. It is a tedious process but one that I believe will pay off. Using one of his suggestions, we decided to get Avi 3 piggy banks. One for Saving, one for Giving and one for Spending. She only gets $3 a month right now and puts $1 in each piggy bank. She enjoys it and I'm hoping that, as she gets older, a message about finances will be clear.
Yesterday, we cleaned out her Savings piggy bank and took it to the bank. She was so proud to give her money to the teller!
Great job my girl! As you grow, be smart with your money and faithful to God's commands and He will bless you. I can't wait to see how you will choose to give your money this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment