Saturday, January 22, 2011

Projects...


For those of you who know me well, you know I am task driven, project oriented and a list maker. This makes me sound so boring... I'm the fun version of all of these things, I'm sure. :). This is so much me that this is what I asked for as a Christmas gift and I love it! Don't judge...some of you are envious!


Anyways, as "D" day approaches I feel a very strong need to finish up some projects I have been meaning to get to for, um, years. Some of them have already been completed (I'll start with those so it makes me look more organized and productive than I actually am) and others are waiting patiently to be tackled. I guess now that it will be in print for all to see, I actually have to do it!

Task #1 completed: Reorganize Avi's toys, bedroom and closet to make room for the baby. Set up baby crib and dresser and get baby clothes organized. I'd like to point out that this is a combo of lots of little tasks so I should get extra credit on this one! We are thinking of switching the brown crib and dresser which we hope might create a little more space.






Task #2 completed: Transfer all of our CDs onto itunes to save space.


Task #3 completed: Organize our freezers and make some freezer meals for those nights when I just don't know what to make.



Task #4 completed (almost :)): Complete some long-overdue home repairs thanks to my amazing brother-in-law!

Task #5 completed: Go through "to do" pile on my desk. I wish I had a before picture of this one. Just picture this pile stacked a foot high!


Task #6 completed: File all paperwork and reorganize filing cabinet.


Ok, now for the tasks yet to be completed. My goal is to have it all done in 6 weeks....we'll see about that!

Task #1 to complete: Organize spice drawer by transferring spices into similar jars (THIS is how much of a dork I am. I guess I'm just coming right out with it so there is no longer any confusion about my level of dorkiness!)


Task #2 to complete: Organize our pictures.



Task #3 to complete: Organize my recipes and enter them into a great computer program I bought a couple years ago and have yet to use.


Task #4 to complete: Clip, organize and keep up with my coupons.


Task #5 to complete: Read, read, read! I have soooooo many books I want to read! This one is going to take awhile...


Task #6 to complete: Go through my bedside table drawers which have become a catch-all.


Task #7 to complete: Create a scrapbook of Avi's first year of life. Maybe this could be a wedding gift someday. I might have it done by then!


Task #8 to complete: Finish my work with Love & Logic and hand over this very precious part of my life that has been 6 years in the making. It will be bitter sweet. 


Task #9 to complete: Go through all my magazines and organize activities according to season/holiday.


Task #10 to complete: Organize and label our home videos.


There it is! I'll try to remember to post each time I complete one of them. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Now I know how you get everything done...you're super organized on your to-do's! :) I need to make a list as well. And, one of the top things on that list should be to restart our FAMILY blog, so I can post the list for all to see. Because, I really think that making this public is going to help keep you motivated. If you don't finish, we can allllll call you a slacker! :)

    We had fun "playing" with you guys last night! Hope to have another game night soon! -nikki

    ReplyDelete